Welcome! My name is David Ruiz and I’m a legal and registered Spanish relocation adviser (as well as an author) fully devoted to solving your problems in Spain since 2010.
My areas of expertise are:
- Relocation: Spanish residency for EU citizens and non-EU citizens, as well as non-lucrative visas
- Legal procedures such as notaries, healthcare, and other ones I will provide through my team of Spanish legal advisers and lawyers (wills, inheritance, and property purchase/selling process)
- Official translations: here is my Ultimate Guide on Official Translations
Please have a look to my Testimonial page to see what my clients think about my services
Meanwhile, let me guess… I’m almost sure I will get at least one of the following right:
- You want to legally settle in Spain but don’t know where to start.
- You already live in Spain and you have taken your friend (who speaks very little Spanish) with you as your interpreter to sort out important things at immigration offices, public offices, notaries, driving licence offices, police stations, and other places you’re thinking about right now… and something went wrong because of the language barrier.
- You may have tried to do things on your own thinking that everybody will understand what you say in Spain because they reply in broken English.
- You are overloaded and confused with lots of contradictory information from forums, cloned Websites, Facebook Groups, and comments from what neighbours and friends have to say about visas, Spanish residencies for EU and non-EU citizens, as well as healthcare in Spain.
- You’re looking for a real professional expert who gives you peace of mind and solves the problems I mentioned.
Welcome once again, you are in the right place, right at the beginning of having your Spanish worries solved
Your voice in Spain
Believe me, a person who speaks bad and broken English does not fully understand you in the same way you do not fully understand them.
I promise you this because I once spoke in broken English and my understanding was at the same level: awful.
Are you sure they understand what you say at those places I mentioned before?
I do not see that clearly, as I’ve witnessed very many good ones over the years.
But it’s not their fault, as we are in Spain and Spanish is the official language.
And, let me be honest with you, it’s not your fault either. Where’s the law that says you must learn Spanish while living in Spain?
You’ve come here to enjoy life, the sun, the good weather, and you want to keep away from trouble.
Piece of mind
Living in Spain all year long has nothing to do with coming to visit the country for a few weeks.
As a tourist, the situation does not vary much worldwide: you spend a limited time in the country you are visiting, have fun, and then go back home. Unless unexpected problems rise, that’s the end of the story.
Since 2010 I’ve been helping people from many different nationalities with all the legal documentation you will need as a newcomer, as well as to solve everyday Spanish issues and other legal documentation required as a resident.
My services will give you the peace of mind we all want when living in a foreign country.
I’m here to help, just get in touch with me anytime and let me know those concerns or problems that you may have.
“Let me support you. Let me be your voice in Spain”
The good and the bad news
Spain is not perfect, like every single country on the earth.
I know that some of the reasons why you are living in this area or dreaming of moving here are to:
- Have a more peaceful and relaxed existence
- Enjoy the 300+ sunny days
- Live without stress and anxiety
- Start a new exciting life away from routine
- Learn Spanish
- Experience the Spanish culture
- Have a social life
All this (and more) is definitely what you will find in Spain. That’s good news, isn’t it?
Such an ideal life.
A dream that can come true very easily.
Almost every single client I have feels as if Spain is their own home and loves living here.
We are laidback and friendly people
Unfortunately, I’m bringing some bad news too, which comes up in the same package as the dream.
You may have to deal with:
- Health problems (all kinds, no exception)
- Legal documentation to purchase/sell property, stay or work in Spain legally
- Unexpected police/court issues
- Bureaucracy and paperwork that seems to never end
- Lots of confusing and contradictory information
I’m here to help and be your voice in Spain, without worries
You are not alone
It is a horrible feeling not to understand what people say because you don’t speak the language.
Even more frustrating (and scary) is being at official and public places where people talk to you, give you directions and seem to speak ten times faster than you do in your own language.
And what about wasting your time, spending money for nothing as well as ending up in the wrong place, going round in circles over and over again?
I understand you. I have been there before and experienced similar things living abroad in the USA, especially in the early days back in 2001 when I spoke no English at all.
Lots of frustration and uncertainty.
You don’t need to go through all that mess on your own if you don’t feel confident.
Let me help you out. You are not alone.
Why choose David?
Some of the benefits you will get through my most common services are:
- Obtaining your EU and non-EU Spanish residency cards without headaches
- Assisting you with your visas
- Using my official translations being aware that they are 100% legalised and stamped by my certified official translators
- Peace of mind because David controls the situation
Also, my services will help you avoid:
- Spending hours and hours reading misleading and confusing information on the Internet
- Getting wrong information from rumours that jump from one group of people to another
- Worrying because you don’t know how to speak Spanish
- Struggling with the Spanish system
I don’t pretend to exaggerate anything nor to make up my message. All I’m telling you is based on the years of experience I have and the number of problems I have solved every day since 2010.
Would you like to know why services are different?
Here are some of the reasons:
- I’m a native Spaniard and fluent in English
- The Spanish system is not a mystery for me
- I don’t leave any stone unturned
- I’m a professional problem solver
- I am 100% reliable and never let down clients
- I know how to treat people politely, with respect, and make them feel they are valuable clients
Send me an email or give me a ring and let me know your problems
Other things you will/will not find on my website
On my blog I speak about:
- Interesting facts that you won’t learn in any textbook
- Valuable tips about how to get established in Spain
- All the basic legal things that you will need in the beginning and maybe during your long-term stay
- Recommendations about things you should not do in Spain if you don’t want to get into trouble
- My own personal stories, advice and points of view which will help you improve your life in Spain
And I don’t speak about:
- Nightlife and entertainment
- Bars, restaurants and Spanish meals
- Local/national Spanish holidays
- Sensational, gossip or TV stuff
My best articles
Here are the most useful articles you will find on my website:
Spanish residency for EU and UK citizens
Spanish residency: The difference between EU and Non-EU
Living in Spain for US Citizens
Living in Spain for Canadian Citizens
Living in Spain for South African Citizens
Living in Spain for Australian Citizens
Living in Spain for New Zealand Citizens (coming soon)
Spanish residency for non-EU citizens married/family members of EU citizens
Ultimate guides on the NIE number, Padron and Spanish notaries
Driving in Spain
WHAT REALLY TOOK ME TO THIS POINT
Before this business, I worked as a computer analyst / programmer for six years developing software mainly using Microsoft technologies.
I hated it.
Coding was fun, but all the companies I worked for burned me out for one reason or another (stress, tight deadlines, badly paid, horrible working environment… you might know what I’m talking about).
In July 2010 I was happily laid-off from the last job I had as a computer analyst / programmer.
Such an unexpected miracle.
Although I should say that for years I had been looking forward to a change like this.
That’s why I created Torrevieja Translation.
Expressing myself in English is something I truly love. For me, my business is a form of gratitude, something I’m giving back to English language for all the opportunities it has given me over the years.
10 THINGS ABOUT DAVID
1. I was born and grew up in Murcia, southeast Spain, back in 1978.
2. From 2001 to 2006 I lived in Peoria, Illinois (USA).
3. I graduated from college in December 2005 in Computer Programming (Illinois Central College. Peoria, Illinois. USA), a two- year degree. Taking some more courses here and there allowed me to do what appears in the following point.
4. From 2009 to 2010 I was able to finish my Bachelor of Science in Information Technology, online (Franklin University. Columbus, Ohio. USA), four-year degree, while I was already living and working in Spain.
5. I’ve been involved in a love/hate relationship with technology since 2001. First in college, when projects drove me crazy. Second as a professional computer analyst programmer for 6 years, feeling frustrated over and over again because of the complexity of this field. Third being self-employed, dealing with my websites, online marketing, SEO and things like that.
6. Languages are one of my passions. I learned French at school and high school. I had three years of German at the Official School of Languages in Torrevieja and know a little bit of Norwegian (I love Scandinavia in general).
7. Music is another passion. My aunt had an old Spanish guitar and I taught myself how to play it. That lead to electric guitar, piano and bass guitar. I only play the piano at present (not constantly). Getting a bit deaf (tinnitus and hearing loss) from all the years of loud music hitting my ears, but I still keep in mind that old dream of composing a symphony one day
8. Writing is definitely my third “identified” passion. I’ve taken around seven creative writing courses in my life. At present I’m studying online marketing and blogging (in English) through reputed professionals. Every now and then I participate in writing contests, in Spanish, of course… and I never win.
9. I’m a natural problem solver and love building things from scratch. My anti-quitter attitude does not allow me to leave a single possibility unexplored or to give up in the middle of a round.
10. Challenges and changes were once invented for me. Give me a new project, situation, or a complex solvable problem and my other self inside will be jumping happily like a child with a new toy.
I would like say thank you so much for reading my books, blog and/or trusting me to be your voice in the Costa Blanca South.
None of this would have been possible without you, whether you are just an anonymous reader or one of my in-person clients.
Thank you very much for your support. I would love it if you could drop a line or two on my Facebook Page!
I am pleased to have you on board