Let’s start with a simple question about moving to Spain from USA:
What are the steps you should follow before the big move?
And what about this other simple question:
What other essential things will you need after you move?
I can imagine what you might have done so far.
You have been reading countless websites.
The official ones.
The travel sites.
The amount of information about how to move to Spain from USA is overwhelming.
You don’t know where to start.
It looks like a big mess, right?
Yes, it’s a huge chaos of information
Well, there is one thing most people forget:
The free information on the internet does not equal accuracy
Actually, many websites rank higher on Google because they’ve used the strategies to rank higher. Only that. No guarantee you will be reading useful and complete information.
If you read between the lines, many websites use this cold incomprehensible tone (information possibly translated using Google Translate).
Other websites are just personal opinions about moving to Spain from USA, about who got their visas and their Spanish residency cards (maybe outdated information, or simply wrong because you will apply in a different Spanish consulate in the USA and immigration office in Spain).
Then you get the law firms and solicitors websites full of technical words you don’t understand (even though they are written in English).
But nobody really tells you what you need to move from USA to Spain.
Because nobody really knows what you need.
Because nobody can offer you a customized action plan as the guide I will introduce in a moment.
The starting point for moving to Spain from USA: the visa
You are within one of the following groups:
- You want to live in Spain but you don’t need to work because you have your own money (savings, pensions, remote job, business).
- You want to work in Spain and be employed by a Spanish company.
- You want to create a business in Spain.
- You want to study in Spain.
- You want to invest in Spain (property, bonds, companies)
Each and every group has its own visa, requirements, fees, ways to apply.
Without the visa, you will not be able to stay in Spain longer than 90 days, which is the usual tourist visa timeframe.
So, you must start with a visa in the USA, the residence permit Spain. No choice.
Unless you are married to a Spaniard or to an EU citizen that has Spanish residency, you will not be able to do anything in Spain while visiting as a tourist without a visa.
The biggest mistake most Americans make
It’s simple: trusting everything they read on the Internet.
Then, all of a sudden, you are in Spain, a foreign country full of laws and regulations you are not familiar with (potential fines, issues with the tax office, or even been deported if you don’t live here legally).
Living in Spain is the dream, but having a dream does not guarantee the winds will blow in favor.
Needless to say that, as a foreigner, you will be a better “victim” for people who will try to scam you in Spain (many of them will dress smartly, but no worries, I’m here to protect you from them ).
When you move to Spain from the USA there are other things that you should keep in mind besides your visa.
Here are some of the usual items of the Moving to Spain service:
- Where to buy property (coastal, rural, city, small town, village)
- How to find the right property (we will be your eyes in Spain to find the exact property)
- How to buy property (the legal process)
- Getting the visa in the correct Consulate of Spain in Canada
- Getting the residency card in Spain (after the visa)
- Tax ID number
- Tax implications
- Home and car insurance
That’s why I have created a unique tool that will make your move to Spain smooth as butter.
Introducing the definitive tailor-made service for moving to Spain for US citizens
When it comes to moving to Spain from USA, these are some of the common issues Americans have:
- The Spanish immigration authorities
- The Spanish tax office
- Buying property impulsively and getting scammed (i.e.: getting lower quality than expecting, illegal property, buying their properties in the middle of nowhere or in a bad area)
So, my recommendation is that you stay away from DIY, Facebook Groups and to get the proper information:
- From the right place
- From the right professional
- Fully adapted to your unique personal situation
And this is why I’m sure my personalized sevice is what you need
Let me explain
The definitive guide for moving to Spain from USA is:
- A handcrafted guide I will design for you (after I know the exact goals you have).
- The roadmap to moving to Spain (immigration, paperwork, official translation, property, taxation… we are going to get involved at every stage)
- It is the safest way to move to Spain (the most unsafe way is DIY).
I will describe in a moment how the service works.
Why do I know so much about this?
Let me introduce myself.
My name is David Ruiz, and I’m the man below.
Since 2010, I’ve helped more than 10,000 foreigners from EU and non-EU countries settling in Spain through my business Torrevieja Translation.
I know very well the ups and downs about how to move to Spain from USA, as well as other EU and non-EU countries. Otherwise, I would not have been able to write so many books about living in Spain:
I was born and grew up in Murcia (southeast Spain) but I lived in Peoria, Illinois between 2001-2006, where I graduated from college (Computer Programming and Web Technology). Then, I transferred to a four-year degree in Information Technology from Franklin University.
The reason why I’m telling you this is because I know the American way of thinking (because part of my heart belongs to Peoria, Illinois 😊).
The Spanish system is not a mystery for me, not only because I’m a Spanish-speaking native but because my real experience is on the ground, helping people in person.
How to move to Spain from USA: how does it work?
Here is my three-step process.
1. Pre-Spain stage
We will ask a few basic questions by email to know what group you belong too.
Based on your personal situation, if I’m totally sure I can help you, we will offer an initial online session to revise your personal situation.
2. Action Plan stage
We will produce an initial action plan. If you would like to work with us, then we will created the definitive guide, the road map for moving to Spain, where I will:
- Use my exclusive research methodology and experience helping Americans moving to Spain.
- Speak with the Consulate of Spain.
- Speak with your relevant foreign affairs office in Spain
- Search for property (not rentals or Airbnb, unless we are working on the actual property purchase process)
- Discuss any questions with my team of collaborators about your specific questions
My team of collaborators include:
- Lawyers: experts in property law, immigration
- Legal advisers: tax, consultancy
- Real state agencies
- Property agents
- Official translators
3. Post-Spain stage
This will happen here, when finish your Spanish residency process, property search, legal property purchase process, etc.
Please let me know the exact concerns you have, your plans, your wishes, your dreams 😊
As mentioned earlier, I can guarantee that my personalized guide for moving to Spain from USA will save you thousands of American Dollars in mistakes, potential scams, issues with the tax office, time wasted at the consulate or immigration offices, or unnecessary professional services.
But (very important)…
Our Moving to Spain guide is not for everybody, especially:
- If you are on a tight budget
- If you think you can DIY
- If you don’t think you will need professional help for moving to Spain (immigration, housing, taxation).
- If you believe that Facebook Groups have all the answers for moving to Spain
Otherwise, we will be happy to help
Shall we speak?
Let’s start out with an email. Please put your name and email address below. I will get back to you shortly!